With our “AS-12” program we expose men to other parts of South Africa with a seven day program to introduce men to the greater world. We believe travelling is such a fitting tool to expose anyone to the greater world out there. It consists of 2 days of a men’s development program, a 2 day excursion to famous tourist sites and 2 days of serving in communities or other NGO’s.
The name of the program is based on Genesis 12 : 1-3
“The Call of Abraham”
The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth; will be blessed through you.”
What do we do?
AS12 is a family developmental program of the Chosen Foundation. Our program focuses on supporting the realignment and rehabilitation of men at risk within our communities. The key focus areas are:
a) We belief that one have to be detached from your familiar surroundings and comfort zone in order to face your current state and reality, hence our focus on Exposure Through Travelling.
b) Challenging individuals to thorough Internal Introspection and Re-Alignment with Foundational Christian Principles via biblical references and testimonies on the camp.
c) Follow-up and after care through partner organisations
d) The outstanding sustainability component, still in development phase, will ensure livelihoods and employability of beneficiaries in the long term.
1. Work with credible NGO’s and those with aspiration and vision.
2. NGO’s to ID the men going on camps – Criteria 18 and over, men only, the good performers, committed
3. We go on the life changing camp of 7 days to Gauteng. We want to expand their view and shift their own mental paradigms. Please see tour schedule
4. We come back and the man is re-integrated into his NGO
5. We then have an programme, discipleship course. It is important according to the Bible to make disciples of all Nations. We do not spend enough time doing this. A disciple must be under a disciple and disciples that follow him. We need to perfect this method as it is a God given instruction. We live in an age that is not formal anymore and I have used creative ways to discipleship under me.
6. Entrepreneurship, job creation. Strong and relevant business support team. I.e. web / software developer, graphic designer, online marketer, business strategist, receptionist. We will cover all aspects to make the companies as professional as possible.
How can you help us raise funds for this cause?
Our next trip will be 11-18 May 2018 and we need R40 000 to cover all the expenses.
Please invest in our cause to change South Africa for the better.
Chosen Foundation | 62576987435 | FNB | Current Account